Did you know that virtual assistant is the latest work at home trend today? For the last five years, Filipino Virtual Assistants are on the rise!
For the last five years, Filipino Virtual Assistants are on the rise! A lot of Filipino professionals are now shifting to online careers. They wanted to be Freelancers/ Virtual Assistant.
But first, what is a virtual assistant? I define it as an independent employee. A freelancer who works at home for different clients. What I mean of an independent employee is that I don’t have a boss. A have a client. I am self-employed. And I work from home and have a flexible schedule. I assist my clients in their business. Amazing isn’t it, ha-ha?
What is a Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant can work for many clients. These clients are usually small and medium entrepreneurs (SME) from first world countries. These entrepreneurs outsource the job. They hire virtual assistants to lower their operational and labor costs. Entrepreneurs only pay 1/5 of cost for the outsourced job. Outsourcing is a high demand today.
A virtual assistant can be hired for the hours or tasks. In my experience, I got a job as a Social Media Support. I am paid for two hours day/10 hours a week’s work. What do I for that 2 hours every day? I update my client’s Facebook, Twitter and Linked In, with new content every day. I was also hired as a full time/8 hours researcher and writer for a Paleo diet website. Also, I got a job as a travel blog writer, I wrote one to two article for a week.
Moreover, I got jobs by tasks too. I wrote a research paper. Written an essay and a literature review. I researched to answer customer’s questions. And, listed a condominium for rent to travelers on various travel sites.
As you see, jobs I did varies. And in my case, I apply to any jobs, as long as I can do it. Also, I only apply to part-time jobs because I have my homemaker responsibilities. Look, jobs for virtual assistants can be anything under the sun as long as you have the skill to do it.
Different Types of Virtual Assistant
In my readings, there are different types of a virtual assistant.
- General Virtual Assistant – perform general administration tasks like e-mail handling, appointment scheduling, transcription, creating reports/proposals and other documents, chat support, research, data entry, blog management, calendar management, social media management, flight bookings, sales support, recruiting staff, bookkeeping, database building, updating CRM,
- Article Writer/Content Writer – write articles, submits to various article directory submission sites, video blog transcription and posting
- SEO Specialist – perform keyword research, niche market analysis, link building, blog management, online personal and corporate branding
- Web Developer/Programmer – build and maintains blog/website (WordPress), create new page
- Graphic designers – create visual concepts for advertisements, corporate reports, posters, flyers, brochures, newsletters, etc.
Actually, there are so many things a virtual assistant can do, I can’t list them all, ha-ha!
Are you looking for work? Do you like to work part time like me? Or work full time. Do you want to make money and work in the comfort of your home? Are you ready to become an amazing Virtual Assistant like me?
Join the trend now, be a Virtual Assistant.